Thursday, December 23, 2010

End of another year

Here we are, another year has passed us by and we ponder, reflect and absorb the realities of what the year has given us.

If I look at my own life, Monique and I celebrated 25 years of wedded bliss. Okay, they weren't always perfect but God worked us in the moments of imperfection and left us something very cool. Thank you God!

In ministry for me, I really sense a coming together for our churches. Many of us were part of the 100 year celebration of First CRC in Edmonton, many of us joined together in Radium Hot Springs for a retreat, a reconnection with our creation. And for many of us, we saw youth and young adults come together for communal worship and fellowship. Praise God!

As we now enter a new year, celebrating the birth of our Lord and Saviour, I have to wonder, what God has in store for us entering 2011. I know plans are in the works for another Youth leader retreat, that services are being planned for community building and that relationships, new and old are being refined. In all this, in all that you do and all that you are, I give God the glory. Thank you for the gifts, the time, and the love you extend to your youth and your churches and I pray that God gives you the strength to lead well for Him in this kingdom ministry.

Blessings to you and your families this Christmas season.

Ron and Monique deVries

No comments:

Post a Comment